Old Admin URL redirects to new Admin URL folder?

tomwin

Before i did change my /admin url to a /new_folder

That went fine before and i remember i tested to surf to my admin folder to se what happened. I allso set up a fake index.php i the old admin folder. But today when i trying again to test the old admin folder i redirects to my /new_folder. I have not add any redirect url to my /new_folder. That have been very stupid i think of me. I have check my .htaccess and no redirects are in there. So how come now suddenly it redirects from my old /admin folder to my /new_folder?

So where is the redirect. i cant find any, and i havent set up any. Is that something wrong in the script now. After some upgrades?

Any one else tested there old admin folder URL to see what happened? Please let me now how to fix this.

Very strange. 

To make sure that it wasn't wrong with my files, so uploaded new files today. But still if i go to my old admin i redirects to my new admin URL. In my old Admin folder i have the same files as i have in my new folder. I have look in my new admin folder and the same files are in there. I did use my FTP to view them and i can't see any hidden files in there. I even tried a site speed test to see if the same problem was there. And it is.

12 hours ago, tomwin said:

I have open a support ticket with access to my site.

Would of been my next suggestion as someone needs to have a quick look at this to see why it is doing that. To be fair the more "usual" cause is having dot/hidden files not displayed and not seeing them (obviously as they are hidden) and one of these is causing it. :) But that's not the case here going by what you're saying and you've already checked constants.php too.

Archived