[COMMERCE] How I think selling impresions should be done

Netherlord

Instead of setting an impressions value to deliver when creating a product.

Would you not think it would be better if we could lets say:

1. Assign a maximum impression limit to each configured ad placement area. (As in: We'd be able to go... ok... I can fill 100,000 impressions on that block per month, So let me set that as a maximum limit) so that I can take on no more than that.

2. A setting to assign a $ value per 1,000 Impressions to each configured ad placement area.

3. Products that sell with the impressions setting should be defaulted on the product page to include a entry form for how many impressions they wish to purchase, It should state how many are available. Which should also state the cost per 1,000 impressions and use that with the maximum capacity value of the block to determine the cost and size of purchase and display it to the user.

Voila. Impressions based advertisements are now all automated (except for approval).

The current way leads to issues I think. Mainly heavy workload as additional fields are all we have and they seem to all require editing of purchases to add extra impressions unless of course you set up a ton of products for different impressions amounts but then that causes a few other problems like what if you oversell.

So with all that said. The little list would make things WAAAAY better!

Throwing this down as I usually do. Listen or ignore. I came not to bore but to improve the core!

Much love!

p.s - If I'm missing something here lemme know. Maybe I just don't know commerce. It has only been 2 days :)

Archived