Adding an Icon to the Nav

5 hours ago, Michael Molholt said:

I'm wondering if there is a way to add an icon to the nav bar, specifically on mobile. I'd like to add the Clubs icon to the main nav bar. Is this possible? I've found the area of the code that controls it but I have no idea what to add!

Thanks!

You can use this handy plugin 

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

You can use this handy plugin 

I'm trying to add a new item to the mobile nav at the top, next to like notifications, messages, etc. - not just an icon on the smaller navigation below. If that makes sense!

8 hours ago, sweethoney said:

admin your them add to navbaritems and for the rest to work you will need the codes add to custom ccs

I need help with the code aspect, as well as where to add it!

14 hours ago, Michael Molholt said:

Anyone have any guidance?

Will require editing a template (which may have to be reverted and re-added after every upgrade)

If still want to then:

In Templates Tab >> core >> front >> global >> mobileNavBar

Find:

<li {{if !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'discover' ) ) }}class='ipsHide'{{endif}}>
		<a data-action="defaultStream" class='ipsType_light'  href='{{if $defaultStream}}{$defaultStream->url()}{{else}}{url="app=core&module=discover&controller=streams" seoTemplate="discover_all"}{{endif}}'><i class='icon-newspaper'></i></a>
	</li>

add before that:

<li>
      <a href="your link here"><i class="icon-eye"></i></a>
  </li>

then in custom.css add:

.icon-eye:before {
  font-family: FontAwesome;
  content: "\f06e";
}

NOTE: for the above to work you need to use the word icon- before name you want to use (notice in above I used icon-eye)

obviously need to add your own link and the icon number

Archived