I want an option to use Stripe's standard paygate.

Bluedrake42

32 minutes ago, Bluedrake42 said:

I don't like IPS's handling of Stripe's payments, especially recurring payments. It is unreliable and buggy. Stripe's own subscription system handled payments flawlessly, and I would like an option to use that paygate instead of IPS's internal system.

Can you clarify what trouble you are having? I have used this since we added stripe and have never had any issues, in fact it's the best gateway available in my opinion, simple to setup, not much to maintain, and it works flawlessly for me. 

Let us know what trouble you are having though? 

1. Cards are frequently not stored, even if the customer checks "store this card"

image.thumb.png.48d265c624aa596b7508db116bcf972d.png

2. There is no option to require a recurring billing agreements as a prerequisite to purchase a product. A feature both Paypal's billing agreements and Stripe's original subscriptions have.

3. When guests attempt to purchase a product, it does not properly store their account information during a pending purchase. I'm not able to see or access the created account until after I have accepted the payment.

1. That definitely sounds like something isn't set up properly. If you submit a support request we'll get that fixed for you :) 
  2. We are planning to add an option to store cards by default in a future version.
  3. The account isn't created until the payment is accepted (otherwise an issue exists where it is possible to bypass account validation) but all of the information should be visible on the invoice... again, if it doesn't seem to be working properly, you can submit a support request and we'll take a look.

Archived