Sidebar popout button not appearing on live site

Aetherdan

Hi Guys,

I bet its something simple that I have overlooked, but when moving to my live site, away form localhost, I noticed I can't configure the sidebar, because the arrow that's usually on the left hand side of the site while browsing the index, isn't appearing. Have I configured something wrong? Thanks in advance!

This is for the forum app.

Check your settings to ensure that you have permission to manage the sidebar first. :)ACP > Members > Staff > Moderators (as admins must have mod permissions to perform mod actions) > Edit the Admin group here > 'General' tab > 'Can Manage Sidebar'

Would be worthwhile while you are on this page quickly examining the settings for the other tabs for this group too.

Is anything else "missing" that you notice ?

Go to the ACP and run the Support tool, just choose "something is not working" , keep going until it gets to the stage where it wants you to submit a ticket and stop there.

Now view your site 'front end' again, hard refresh the page (CTRL+F5 usually) any better ?

If it persists , temporarily turn off your localhost server (if its wamp just right click and 'stop services') , as I wonder if its picking something up from localhost. This way you can be sure what you see is "live"

Next step after that, temporarily try a different browser if possible. :)

Thanks for your support Andy.

I located the issue. It was related to my template edits for the footer. I accidentally removed the component when customising my footer template file.

{{if \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->application instanceof \IPS\Application AND \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->application->canManageWidgets()}}
	<button type='button' id='elWidgetControls' data-action='openSidebar' data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="manage_blocks"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_primary ipsButton_narrow'><i class='fa fa-chevron-right'></i></button>
{{endif}}

Archived