Upload error

Genestoy

I need some help here. I am running 3.1.4 and need to get it running correctly after moving hosts. Everything appears to be working great EXCEPT for any file/image uploads. I have a main board and a test board and they both are returning the same error message of - any help is appreciated as I want to upgrade to 4 but need to get this fixed first before I upgrade

Error The server returned an error during upload

Also the conf_global.php has these for the uploads

$INFO['upload_dir']			=	'/home/myusername/public_html/forums/uploads';
$INFO['upload_url']			=	'https://www.mysite.com/forums/uploads';

Got this figured out - was in the "General Configuration" path to uploads was from the old server host (ie: /home2/ and needed to be just /home/)

Still need to figure out why some of the older posts the images are not showing?

Any help appreciated!

Update: The reason the images are not showing is because somehow when my forum crashed on the old host it lost the images (I checked the upload folders on the old server) in the last two months upload directories. So letting my members re-upload their images that they posted the last two months and all should be good! Thank goodness I did not lose 15 years of images, but I do do weekly complete backups of everything on the forum.

Generally the 'suggested' upload URL and path in the descriptions are correct about 95% of the time,  so (I realise this does not apply as you've rectified this now) its worth carefully comparing what is "suggested" with what is present. It does however rely on the URL in conf_global being correct. :)

Those two lines you indicate are not actually present in a new 3.1.x installation. Come to think of it I do not think they are present in anything beyond the 1x series but I can't be 100% sure. They *are* present in 1.3.x but I do not see them in 236 and I do not have a 2.0.x 'installed' to examine as the bare .zip has an unpopulated config file.

8 minutes ago, AndyF said:

Generally the 'suggested' upload URL and path in the descriptions are correct about 95% of the time,  so (I realise this does not apply as you've rectified this now) its worth carefully comparing what is "suggested" with what is present. It does however rely on the URL in conf_global being correct. :)

Those two lines you indicate are not actually present in a new 3.1.x installation. Come to think of it I do not think they are present in anything beyond the 1x series but I can't be 100% sure. They *are* present in 1.3.x but I do not see them in 236 and I do not have a 2.0.x 'installed' to examine as the bare .zip has an unpopulated config file.

You are right Andy, I checked my clean install test board for 3.1.4 and it did not have those two lines so I removed them from the main board and all seems fine. I have used IPB for so long I even had a free board in the beginning and then the "Lifetime" license after that, which of course came to an end :(

Archived