Adding a Member Back into a Message

PaleoCris

Okay, so here's my problem... A few years back, two members on my community began exchanging messages. Nearly 500 pages of messages and quite a few years later and they have literally traveled across the world (Australia to the US), met up, developed a relationship, they became engaged and are planning marriage. They still converse through the original conversation on my site, though. Yesterday, the woman accidentally deleted the 500 page message while trying to delete something else and the guy isn't able to add her back into it. Neither am I. Any ideas how I can restore her to the message? I thought I might be able to go into the database via phpMyAdmin and find her member ID number in the message, remove it (or change it to another member) and have him just add her back into it....But it doesn't seem that simple. I set up a test PM and am able to easily change who the author of the individual messages is, edit the contents of the message, etc...I just don't see how to completely remove somebody from a message so it isn't remembered that they were ever part of the conversation so they can be readded.

Can anybody think of how to do this? Could I have them create a new account, merge all their content into the new account, change the name back to the original and have him add her back in? Or is there a simpler solution to this?

Thanks for the help. If it wasn't such a sentimental thing to them, I wouldn't be that worried about it.
-Cris

Morrigan,

You got it! Thanks for the help. I've never had the need to go wading around manually in the database before. I was in that same table earlier, looking at the same conversation ID, just couldn't find her ID, only his. Didn't realize two rows are created, one for each member in the conversation. I just went a page back and found what I needed.

Thanks again! They will be very glad to be able to continue their conversation there.
-Cris

Archived