Url/forums works but url dont.

Okay. After a lengthy upgrade to do a lot of issues, My forum is at http://tennesseeanglers.com/forums.

I used to have Portal installed on my 3.4.6 so that index.php was in my root tennesseeanglers folder. I removed it and still need some kind of file in there to make it all work as intended when people go to tennesseeanglers.com.

While support has been helping and did do the upgrade, nothing was put into my root folder and they're probably busy helping somebody else at the moment. If I can get this working now...I'd love to. What do I need to do (without doing a redirect through my domain host) exactly?

IPS suggested that I install the portal mod and I don't want to do that right now. However, I know many people install the forums in the /forums directory. I just need the file(s) to put in my home directory to make it happen.

Ideas? Help?

Go to ACP -> System -> Applications, and click the star ("Make deafult app") in the row of the forums app.

If this is not working, the whole suite was installed in the /forums/ dir.... you have to reinstall it in the root.....
The root directory of the SUITE always executes the default app - if this is /forums/, you can not run something at /, because it's "outside" of the suite (off curse you may create and rewrite it by using a htaccess-file - but thats not the right solution IMHO).

But if it was installed in /, the above option will work.

Archived