How do I add a new button on the toolbar that inserts html

markymids

I don't want my users to have the post html permission - however, I have some users that liked using the 'marquee' tag (don't ask). I've set it all up correctly in the ACP - however it does not get inserted in the editor, not sure what I'm doing wrong? Would they have to have the post html permission to do this?

It may have to do with the rules for disallowing HTML content in posts - CKEditor (the editor IPS uses) has a feature called the ACF (Advanced Content Filter) that IPS may be utilizing to allow/disallow HTML tags. The marquee tag may not be in the allowed tags list despite you creating a button for it, and again it depends on if IPS is using the ACF or their own rules to allow/disallow HTML tags in posts unless the allow HTML option is set for that user group or as a global option.

18 hours ago, opentype said:

If the old marquee tag isn’t allowed, you might use CSS*. http://www.quackit.com/css/codes/marquees/

You can allow CSS classes in the advanced editor settings in the ACP

Thanks that kinda works except I can't figure out how to make the div container stay within the boundaries of the post box unless I use the overflow: hidden attribute which then cuts off larger pictures. 

Archived