Two features we wish we had back -do they exist?

Architecht

Hi all,

I just migrated to IPboards from UBB. There are two features that I wish IPB had, but I haven't found a plugin or configuration to get them back. I was wondering if I may have missed something or someone has a suggestion (like using Automation Rules to do it, or something:

1. I'd like members to be able to set their own # of threads per page and posts per page

2. We used to be able to show how many unread posts there were in each thread for each member

Any suggestions?

1. Was a setting in 1x and 2x and possibly early 3x versions. I'm not immediately aware of an IPS plugin to do this although it does not sound (in theory at least) too difficult to code it in to give each member their own topics / posts "per page" setting.

2. I do not remember seeing this, I have seen "x users viewing" shown on each forum name description indicating who / total count of people viewing that forum.

It would be worth asking your question in Development Assistance too as well, its possibles someone may actually already have something but have not released it...

I dare say it would be possible to have a coder create these for you as a paid request, however its worth checking first to see if there is anything suitable already present.

Archived