Sitemap generation and Pages

The Old Man

Hi,

I'm still confused about how the Sitemap works. It seems to create one page with several child sitemaps which I grasp, and Google Search Console recognises them correctly as child sitemaps, but inside the child sitemaps for Pages there are no individual links to my website's news articles. However the Gallery by comparison has multiple sitemaps for gallery categories as well as the image themselves.

I have lots of news articles and several page articles. How do I get it to include all of those articles and pages? Or doesn't it work that way?

Many thanks!

6 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

but inside the child sitemaps for Pages there are no individual links to my website's news articles

It would help if you posted your sitemap URL (and maybe information about your sitemap settings) to check out if this is true. 

I can see all individual Pages database records in my sitemap. 

Hi,

I've just checked again and the articles and pages are now listed in the sitemap, thank you anyway. Before they sitemap was for them was listed but empty. I'd run the sitemap generator task and re-cached a few times as well, so I'm unsure why they weren't there before. I had tried the custom settings previously and did switch to the Recommended settings, so perhaps it was something to do with that. Many thanks! :)

Archived