Problems with subforum location and SEO?

Strakks

Lately I've found out that the pages showing up on google when searching my domain is very less. Basically what comes up is home and registration.

Could this be the outcome of a non organized forum? The homepage is not forum and therefore you have to go to forum via other buttons. I've posted an example here. You see that they first have to go to News, and then click on forum when they are in the category Home>Forums>Business & News in order to get to forums. I don't really want a overall forum that's why i have it like this.

Does this makes it hard for google robots to crawl the site? That they don't have a Home/forums>category - to follow?

https://gyazo.com/20669ccce90debb40e4a00c3791df526

14 minutes ago, Strakks said:

Does this makes it hard for google robots to crawl the site? That they don't have a Home/forums>category - to follow?

No. The search engine doesn’t much care about your menu logic. 
It doesn’t look like a very convenient structure for the users though. 

If you wonder about your indexing, add your site to Google’s Search Console, add your sitemap there and monitor the results, e.g. errors it might show. 

1 minute ago, opentype said:

No. The search engine doesn’t much care about your menu logic. 
It doesn’t look like a very convenient structure for the users though. 

If you wonder about your indexing, add your site to Google’s Search Console, add your sitemap there and monitor the results, e.g. errors it might show. 

Ok cool. I already have but there's no errors showing. Might just want to wait til it get more hits.

What's the inconvenient about it? :p

Archived