Starting a thread where members can't see other replies?

SiLink

A bit of a tricky one, and I'm not entirely sure it's possible. 

We'd like to be able to make a thread where members can reply and vote on an issue but not see the replies/opinions of others (Apart from staff). Is this possible? If not is there a mod which would make this possible?

Default IPS only brings you halfway there.

There is the forum (not topic) setting to allow members to create topics only staff can see. You can also configure a poll to be private so that no one else can see how others voted (other than vote totals) - you can even configure the topic to be poll-only - no replies in the thread.

Neither of those give you what you want though. Someone would need to write a mod to make what you want happen. Seems doable to me after a few seconds thinking about it.

14 hours ago, Flitterkill said:

Default IPS only brings you halfway there.

There is the forum (not topic) setting to allow members to create topics only staff can see. You can also configure a poll to be private so that no one else can see how others voted (other than vote totals) - you can even configure the topic to be poll-only - no replies in the thread.

Neither of those give you what you want though. Someone would need to write a mod to make what you want happen. Seems doable to me after a few seconds thinking about it.

Thanks, I had a feeling it wouldn't be possible without a mod. Ah well :p do you think such a mod would be somewhat easy to create? I haven't got much hands on experience with modding the software so I'd have to request it.

Oh wow that's very generous of you Flitterkill ^_^ it would be for specific topics in a specific forum. Essentially we run a poll when a new member applies to see if everyone is comfortable letting them in but we've had issues lately with people leaking other people's posts in these polls and this seems like a confidential way for people to vote honestly without worrying about their opinions being leaked. 

Archived