Upgrade templates/css

CodingJungle

would it be possible to add in a feature when an app gets upgrade, it notifies the user that that templates/css has changed, in case they have made changes. either offer up a diffs to show them the changes or "merge" them in. There has been many times where i've seen them made slight changes to a css, even after "reverting it", it still doesn't get upgraded cause it is still seen as "changed". would be great help to us developers if the end user is notified of these changes via the upgrader, as there have been times i've been buried in support request and this has been the problem. 

• 1 month later...

The underlying suggestion here isn't something new or that we are disinterested in doing. It would apply to our own applications as well (the same thing can happen to forums for instance, where a user may modify a template or CSS file and then not inherit changes in a future upgrade). We are looking into solutions for this scenario in a future release. I've added your support to our internal discussions on this topic.

Archived