Search index status

Prank

Hi All,

Is there a way to see the status of my search index? I clicked 'rebuild' some weeks ago and my search results are still crap. I do have almost 8m posts, I'd just like to see something in the background tasks or a progress bar somewhere - is this possible?

Thanks,

Christian

On your ACP dashboard you should have a block named "Background Processes". If there is a task in progress, then it should be listed there. If there is no tasks in progress, then it should also say so. You may have to scroll down a bit. 

You could also search for "search" in your ACP and review your search settings. Maybe you've limited the search index to a certain number of days for example. 

If that doesn't make you any wiser, then it would be helpful for us if you specify in exactly what way the search is currently crap.

Yeah sorry 'crap' isn't too informative. I just mean that there are not many results (or none).

If the search is reindexing, is that a background task? if its not there is it maybe not reindexing?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, a rebuild of the search index from scratch is a background task.

Indexing of new content happens automatically/as the content is published. 

It's difficult to say specifically what the issue might be without getting some clearer examples of search queries you try etc. You could also ensure that the filters in your search is not too limiting by opening the advanced search form. 

• 1 year later...

Archived