Moving Forum

Vilgent

Hey everyone,

Looking for some advice on below -

Currently, my website is strictly my forum, meaning the .com domain goes right to the boards.

That being said, however, we intend to move to a WordPress theme for a homepage/several other tabs, and would like to move the forum to domain.com/forum and have the new WP theme become the .com

Can anyone elaborate on what is needed for such a move of the boards? Looking for anything specific to the IPB suite I should know in the move.

Thank you.

I think that better use Pages. Create a home page as you want. Mark Pages App default. Also home page select a page default for this folder.

Your domain will load home page.

Mixing WP and IPS  into a single site is a bad idea.

5 hours ago, Vilgent said:

Hey everyone,

Looking for some advice on below -

Currently, my website is strictly my forum, meaning the .com domain goes right to the boards.

That being said, however, we intend to move to a WordPress theme for a homepage/several other tabs, and would like to move the forum to domain.com/forum and have the new WP theme become the .com

Can anyone elaborate on what is needed for such a move of the boards? Looking for anything specific to the IPB suite I should know in the move.

Thank you.

Here are two related links. The common matters at hand is to edit the conf_global.php and .htaccess to include the new url and also to disable .htaccess during the move. There is also mention to clear the cache. There should be more links with info related to moving your forum to a different directory.

I think the best bet would be to do the forum move first, ensuring everything works, then do your wp Homepage build up.

Transferring Community to a New Server
https://www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/_/maintenance-and-server-configurations/transferring-community-to-a-new-server-r20

Switching from /community to /forums directory
https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/428878-switching-from-community-to-forums-directory/

• 7 months later...

Archived