Custom theme

Baddd

Hi,

I am willing to pay for it. I will check.

The Ignitor theme is still a forum theme only, using its own styles. If I use that with one of those wordpress theme, it would still have 2 different looks.

Can you create of customize a theme to match one of those wordpress themes?

For me, using someone else's custom theme could bring issues especially when using 2 different softwares. For example, once everything is done the wordpress custom theme author may make fixes or adjustments to that skin that would directly effect your IPB application. The cost to maintain that could add up over time depending on how much the author pays attention to his work. I've actually been down this road twice now and recently to boot. Both Clients ended up purchasing the IPB application that best fit what they wanted to do.

Have you tried out Pages or Blogs from IPB? Each does what a WordPress site does and this would allow you to keep the same theme throughout. Aside from that, others here may be able to help you. Just not something I care to personally do again or go through and in the end my clients have agreed staying with one software was much easier and safer to maintain.. Just my 2 cents anyhow.

Regards

1 minute ago, DesignzShop said:

For me, using someone else's custom theme could bring issues especially when using 2 different softwares. For example, once everything is done the wordpress custom theme author may make fixes or adjustments to that skin that would directly effect your IPB application. The cost to maintain that could add up over time depending on how much the author pays attention to his work. I've actually been down this road twice now and recently to boot. Both Clients ended up purchasing the IPB application that best fit what they wanted to do.

Have you tried out Pages or Blogs from IPB? Each does what a WordPress site does and this would allow you to keep the same theme throughout. Aside from that, others here may be able to help you. Just not something I care to personally do again or go through and in the end my clients have agreed staying with one software was much easier and safer to maintain.. Just my 2 cents anyhow.

Regards

I can confirm that WP theme updates always should be attended by the developer who has made the customization by implementing the WP theme (or parts of it, especially header and CSS/JS) into IP.board's theme - a blind auto update could break the site. Minor updates should not generate any issues normally, but sometimes minor updates include major changes even they shouldn't.

On the other hand, Pages or Blogs from IPB are not comparable with WordPress - there are reasons why WP is a major in blogging and even business sites nowadays and Invisionpower has it's focus on board software. I understand why many users want to have advantages from both worlds on their site. I'll offer these integration desires in a couple of months once IPBWI for WordPress 4 is released.

Pages or Blogs from IPB are not comparable with WordPress

I agree with everything you said but this. Each has their own advantages and dis-advantages.

I'll offer these integration desires in a couple of months once IPBWI for WordPress 4 is released.

That's awesome! Hopefully the price is affordable to maintain ^_^

Regards

1 minute ago, DesignzShop said:

I agree with everything you said but this. Each has their own advantages and dis-advantages.

That's awesome! Hopefully the price is affordable to maintain ^_^

Regards

I don't think there is much that Pages/Blogs offers that WP can't do. You can get Pages to pretty much do what you want, but you're coding it to make it do it. WP offers more features out of the box when it comes to content drive. And, you can always do all of the custom content types in WP to also do whatever you want (just like pages)

Archived