What is the best way for a moderator to ban?

Thomas K.

It doesn't look like moderators can explicitly ban users. The way I have it setup now is that they must assign a large amount of warning points, which then triggers an automatic ban. That's an odd way of doing it.

Is it general practice to give moderators access to the AdminCP solely for banning, or is there a better way?

40 minutes ago, Thomas K. said:

Is it general practice to give moderators access to the AdminCP solely for banning, or is there a better way?

I've done both at one point. now i'm working on just going off warning points and using the Rules Lite app (since im only using one rule), theres an exported rule floating around for rules, that checks amt of warning points and could ban the user; I have mine setup to move them to a 'banned' group instead.

overall its just how you want to run your ship.

You can set different temp ban (suspension) levels in the warning system, and set one for permanent ban. If you don't want the system to reach that number from warning points, and you want this as a ban tool only, make it a high number and create the warning level. Ex:

Permanent ban: 30 points

Then your mods can use this to ban by selecting this as the reason. If you want it as a reachable number, set it accordingly.

Or, acp access and permission to edit profiles.

Archived