AdminCP Default Theme Not Showing Default/Original Colours

Shyuan

Hi,

I've created a frontend "Child" theme under the "Default" theme, and make this "Child" theme my frontend default theme. I've only made modifications to this frontend child theme, never touched the "Default" theme. However, I am not too sure why this affects the AdminCP theme. In AdminCP, regardless of which AdminCP theme I chose ("Default" or "Child" theme), the AdminCP seems to pick up the colours of my "Child" theme. I supposed if choosing "Default", it will be the IPS4 default AdminCP look, but it is not. I cleared browser cache and relogin but still the same problem.

Any idea why this happens? Thank you in advanced. ^_^

46 minutes ago, Shyuan said:

Hi,

I've created a frontend "Child" theme under the "Default" theme, and make this "Child" theme my frontend default theme. I've only made modifications to this frontend child theme, never touched the "Default" theme. However, I am not too sure why this affects the AdminCP theme. In AdminCP, regardless of which AdminCP theme I chose ("Default" or "Child" theme), the AdminCP seems to pick up the colours of my "Child" theme. I supposed if choosing "Default", it will be the IPS4 default AdminCP look, but it is not. I cleared browser cache and relogin but still the same problem.

Any idea why this happens? Thank you in advanced. ^_^

Not sure why created a child theme

Create a 'copy' of the original default theme (give a new name) and then make your changes to that when done delete the 'child' theme and set the default theme for admincp use

5 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Not sure why created a child theme

Hi steve00,

Thanks for your input.

I do appreciate if you can advise me why you sounded creating child theme is something you won't do. For me, I assume by creating a child theme is the best way to inherit the parent's style/templates and won't mess up if the parent style is updated in future updates, while I can change the colours. I do this with xF, but I am currently exploring into IPS4, so I am still very unfamiliar with the way IPS4 works.

1 minute ago, Shyuan said:

Hi steve00,

Thanks for your input.

I do appreciate if you can advise me why you sounded creating child theme is something you won't do. For me, I assume by creating a child theme is the best way to inherit the parent's style/templates and won't mess up if the parent style is updated in future updates, while I can change the colours. I do this with xF, but I am currently exploring into IPS4, so I am still very unfamiliar with the way IPS4 works.

It is just something have never done .. no specific reason why not ... find it easier to make changes to a 'copy' of a theme ... just my preference is all

Archived