Pages necessary?

Didier Ronda

Hello people,

I recently purchased an IPB license, but I did not purchase the IP.Pages (or content whatever you want to call it) app yet.

I am quite sure if it is required or if there are any alternatives? I would mainly use it for adding some kind of an in-game server monitor, and to display a list of staff members.

I hope you can give me some advice,

thanks in advance,

Didier

Staff members can be displayed without pages such as seen here: https://community.invisionpower.com/staff/

And in-game server monitor can be added as a sidebar widget easily as well.

Pages is a great application for custom pages, databases, etc. But not required. Im currently only using it for a more detailed clan roster: http://clanmxm.com/roster/ but that's a woeful under utilization of the power pages has.

• 10 months later...
On 2/15/2016 at 7:51 AM, Didier Ronda said:

Hello people,

I recently purchased an IPB license, but I did not purchase the IP.Pages (or content whatever you want to call it) app yet.

I am quite sure if it is required or if there are any alternatives? I would mainly use it for adding some kind of an in-game server monitor, and to display a list of staff members.

I hope you can give me some advice,

thanks in advance,

Didier

As @kotaco mentioned, the Core includes a decent (if underfeatured) Staff page with a couple of different layouts for you to feature your staff members.  

There are also some member lists in the Marketplace if you'd like something for your entire community / clan by @Boris_

For the ingame server monitor, you may want to first check with the Teamspeak 3 integration by @Ahmed E and see if you can mimic that.  

With that said, you really can't go wrong buying IP.Pages.  Pages is a powerful application and probably a good default purchase to help you build database and pages and blocks around your forums.  

Archived