Translation of IPS 4.1

alexch

I'm interested in renewing my license, and download and upgrade to IPS 4.1.

However, I should make a translation my own (as it's a greek forum) and I want to translate only the front end. Is there a way to accomplish that? In the language section of 4.1, I created a new language called "Greek" and as I pressed the translate button I found out that there is no way in this section to make it show only the frontend phases. It has every single phase (frontend, admincp, modules etc) in a page and I cant find a way to display only frontend phases.

Thank you.

Hi,

it's a bit difficult to seperate adminphrases and frontendphrases. Some are easily to identify, because the keys indicate it (acp_, admin_).
For the start, you may also use Translation Tools -> Quicktranslating and go through the frontend  That way, you will also find untranslated phrases on the frontend and then translate them in the ACP.

@Andriano Faria

you probably didnt understand me. the problem is not that i dont want to use greek in the ACP. the problem is that I want to translate only the front-end as translating the whole product would take days, there are some 250 pages to translate. it's too much.

@TheSonic constantly trying to find out if this phase is on ACP or frontend doesnt help. it will also take hours. what i'm asking is if is there a way to make the translation system DISPLAY only the front end phases

53 minutes ago, alexch said:

you probably didnt understand me. the problem is not that i dont want to use greek in the ACP. the problem is that I want to translate only the front-end as translating the whole product would take days, there are some 250 pages to translate. it's too much.

Yes, I understood and will say again: NOT POSSIBLE. That's why they added the selector on ACP.

1 hour ago, alexch said:

@TheSonic constantly trying to find out if this phase is on ACP or frontend doesnt help. it will also take hours. what i'm asking is if is there a way to make the translation system DISPLAY only the front end phases

No, but in our translation we focused the frontend first and used Quck translating - that helped a lot (it is not optimal, but helpful).

Like @Adriano Faria mentioned, it is NOT possible to seperate the frontend from the ACP-phrases for translation.

Archived