Blurred site when using Chrome for iPhone

pilotguy

A member of mine messaged me yesterday complaining about the site being blurry when using his iPhone.  He is using Chrome for iPhone.  I'm attaching images.

Has anyone experienced similar or had complaints of this?  When I checked on my iPhone, initially the screen was blurred but with the tap of a finger it disappeared and I've since not been able to replicate.  This "solution" though hasn't worked for him.

weirdscreen.thumb.png.e46b75f8855d5c2fec weirdscreen1.thumb.png.eb3f16da90cd2023a

Ok but how does that explain it only happening for this particular user?  I've accessed my site on multiple devices and multiple browser types and not experienced that.  So to go to a developer and say "hey I think your mod is broken because of this one case" seems a bit much.  What is a "modal" background by the way?  

In fact 70% of my users access my site on a variety of devices none of which are desktops.  I have a heavy mobile user member base.

This particular user may have the modal popup off-screen or some other variable browser compatibility issue that other's might not see when interacting with that item. A modal is basically a popup within your browser window (e.g. within the same page). This is the background to it that is usually greyed out or other dark color to focus your attention on the popup modal.

This blurred background is not something used within the suite so it is either part of a custom theme or other third party element. I am providing this knowledge so you can go forth and test your remaining items, figuring out if this user is able to access better with these items disabled then once you nailed the issue you can tell the author your experience.

Archived