Orphaned Files

Mopar1973Man

Is there any anyway of cleaning up orphaned files. Apparently some I lost about 2 years of database somewhere. I'm not going to sweat the los

-----

That was weird... My post got chopped...

Is there any anyway of cleaning up orphaned files. Apparently some I lost about 2 years of database somewhere. I'm not going to sweat the loss but I would like to clean up the orphaned files. I don't see a clean up tools like IPB3 had...

• 2 months later...

Search for TASKS in admincp (this option is "hidden"). This will give you access to a bunch of tasks that are scheduled, but you can run them on demand...I've noticed this page by accident and it solved my orphaned attachments problem.

These "tasks" are scheduled to run automatically, but I prefer to have control on WHEN i want to run them... specially on testing env.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for digging up this thread but I did looked into the tasks page as you advised, but did not found any tasks related to the orphaned file removal except attachments cleanup. My existing orphaned files were created mostly from Gallery, which is very huge!

I really wonder when this important function will bring back. The management team was mentioned about this nearly 6 months ago but it didn't happened in the current version. Still, the administrator permission control on this feature still exist. :unsure:

Lindy_Response.png

Orphaned_Permission.png

Archived