How to disable reputation in profile views

cualupe

6 hours ago, Woodsman said:

ACP - Members - Reputation. Toggle off Reputation Enabled.

I don't want to entirely disable it.

I want to turn it off on status updates and comments on people's profile areas and only allow it on the forum.

I haven't tested this fully, but it does seem to work:

Go to IPS_ROOT/applications/core/sources/Statuses/Status.php, you should see the class definition 

class _Status extends \IPS\Content\Item implements \IPS\Content\ReportCenter, \IPS\Content\Reputation, \IPS\Content\Lockable, \IPS\Content\Hideable, \IPS\Content\Searchable

Remove the \IPS\Content\Reputation from it:

class _Status extends \IPS\Content\Item implements \IPS\Content\ReportCenter, \IPS\Content\Lockable, \IPS\Content\Hideable, \IPS\Content\Searchable

You can do the same for a status reply (Reply.php), which is in the same folder as Status.php

1 hour ago, cualupe said:

I don't want to entirely disable it.

I want to turn it off on status updates and comments on people's profile areas and only allow it on the forum.

In this case ACP - Members - Groups - Social. At the bottom - Maximum number of positive reputation points allowed to give. Set to 0.

3 hours ago, Fnuxale said:
12 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

No this turns off giving reputation by groups... Turn off only those groups you don't want giving reputation.

FTP.

But the group all users are in is 'Members' so that's the only one I can adjust it on.

Either way that solution isn't what I need.

I'll try what Fnuxale said in the morning, it's like 1am here D:

If all are in the Members group yes I can see that being a problem. You will need to create new user groups for this method to work.

Example:

Members - (Already implemented)
Customers
Clients
Staff
VIP

And so on to make the above work properly with any way you choose.

8 hours ago, Woodsman said:

If all are in the Members group yes I can see that being a problem. You will need to create new user groups for this method to work.

Example:

Members - (Already implemented)
Customers
Clients
Staff
VIP

And so on to make the above work properly with any way you choose.

I want it to work for all users (everyone in Members). What you're saying just switches reputation off across the entire board for a particular group.

2 hours ago, chilihead said:

Perhaps hide Like/Rep button with css on profile posts (status updates)?

You'd have to ask someone how to do that but it may work.

That might be better than editing core files (Not really comfortable doing that)

No matter what or how you do it at this point all will be disabled.... I just spent a few hours trying to get this to work but no luck disabling profiles without disabling a group at the same time and vise a versa. Also using @chilihead example below unfortunately it removes the like button across the board from everybody.

But here are the file bits anyway.

global - framework - buttons.css

.ipsApp .ipsButton_alternate {
/*     background: {theme="alternate_button"};
       color: {theme="alternate_button_font"};*/
       background: transparent;
       color: transparent;
}

.ipsApp .ipsButton_alternate:hover { /* This one you need to add to your custom.css */

global - framework - engagement.css

.ipsLikeRep {
/*     background: #f0f0f0;*/
       border-radius: 2px;
       padding: 3px;
       line-height: 16px;
       display: inline-block;
       position: relative;
}

10 hours ago, cualupe said:

That might be better than editing core files (Not really comfortable doing that)

No, it's not better.

Also, you wouldn't be editing the file itself, really, just removing the definition that says it's an instance of reputation.. (likes)

Archived