Facebook Preview?

Rush0011

When I link to my board in a Facebook post, it gives me a description of one of my forums, but not necessarily the one I'm linking to. How can I control what is previewed on Facebook when something is shared. I don't really want a gear review snippet when I'm sharing a recipe. Ideally, I'd like it to be a forum image and maybe a snippet of the shared topic itself.

Where is it pulling the preview from? I guess if I know that much, I can change that file and at least try to control what's being displayed on Facebook.

So are you talking about the board index, forums, or individual topics? The answer will depend. 

In you theme settings you can set up a sharer image, which will be the default for social media sharing:
568031c1bce41_Bildschirmfoto2015-12-27um

Make sure that’s present and large enough. 

People are also often problems with Facebook sharing when they don’t use friendly URLs. Do you use that or not?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I didn't see you reply until now. I guess my notifications aren't working, either.

I usually want to share an individual thread. When I share one on Facebook, it gives no image, and it gives a forum description that isn't even the main forum of my board. I'm sorry, I know that's totally word salad.
Here's what shows on facebook:

569d6d6c8e751_ScreenShot2016-01-18at4.52

I have friendly URL's enabled.

Thanks!

Archived