Wondering request to reopen bug proper etiquette?

chilihead

If a bug is marked closed (not a bug), or fixed, and it is a bug, or not fixed, what is the best action to have it reopened?

I've tried replying. I've also tried replying with a mention. But they go unnoticed and are often archived.

I always thought that was the proper way but it does not work. Should we start a new report and link to it?

How a bout a "Petition to reopen" function with proof, we post the proof and it gets marked Pending again, but is in moderation for you to decide the status... or similar.

Thanks

Generally replying is the normal first course of action I'd suggest.

Is it easily reproducible ? If so a quick ticket in the Client Area (with 'steps to produce it) along with a link to said report might be an idea.

Other alternative is a fresh bug report but include a link to the old one as well.

I don't have permission to view that link, and I was more just wondering the protocol, but there's a few where this happened, here's one marked Closed a month ago and proof posted but no reply...

This one, I replied Thursday so not that long ago yet, but in my experience replying doesn't always work once marked fixed, I'll keep an eye on, thanks.

Archived