Preview Post - Support

eden buganim

Just now, ehku said:

@eden buganim: Thanks for the plugin. Is there a way to call a js script after the preview is displayed? 

Sure, I suppose the most simple way would be to stick it directly into the popup template, which should be in your global > plugins directory.

If you've access to dev mode you could create a JS data-controller, or edit the one I'd already included~

9 minutes ago, eden buganim said:

@ehku, sure thing:

Untitled-2.thumb.png.458962612bd7d6e4133 There should be a postPreview or a previewPost template in there :thumbsup:

^In case it's not clear, go to ACP > Customization > Themes and edit it in HTML/CSS mode. The above list is taken from 'templates'.

Thanks, I added MathJax script to postPreview to it does not seem to work :(

7 hours ago, ehku said:

Upgraded to 1.0.1. I feel that it's faster than before :D 

Suggestion: the width of the popup should match the width of the actual post content width. 

You mean the same exact width it would be after posting the message, right? I'll try looking into that, I suppose the popup is a bit "thinner" than the actual feed!

5 minutes ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

Sorry, we have a database of "Articles" that we publish on "Home"  (www.99nicu.org) - would it be possible to add a "preview" also there? Not the plugin seems to add preview functionality to forum topics and comments. (which is great :))

Since I am not running 'Pages' app on my dev system, I can't tell for sure yet, but I'll definitely take a look and see if it can be done :)

2 hours ago, maddog107_merged said:

@eden buganim Thanks this is great. One little bug if you dont mind fixing. 

So in the preview something of the format:

[img=http://i.imgbox.com/15NcVmeY.jpg]

Shows empty, but if you hit submit reply it parses it correctly. 

Also is there any way we can make a donation for this great add on?

Yup, I'll make an update today. It will still require an end tag though:  

[img=http://i.imgbox.com/15NcVmeY.jpg][/img]

I appreciate the thought, but it never occurred to me to collect donations for this plugin :rofl:

On 11/28/2015, 5:01:52, eden buganim said:

You mean the same exact width it would be after posting the message, right? I'll try looking into that, I suppose the popup is a bit "thinner" than the actual feed!

Yes. By this we can see if the width of some elements (like images or formulas...) fit the page. The current popup is larger.

8 hours ago, ehku said:

Yes. By this we can see if the width of some elements (like images or formulas...) fit the page. The current popup is larger.

Yeah, you always knew how to get me workin' ;) I am adding window-resize capabilities to the next update as well.

4 hours ago, maddog107_merged said:

@eden buganim Can you verify it works with 4.1.5? The preview button disappeared after the upgrade even after enabling and disabling. 

As @ehku said, the button should still be there, even after the upgrade. Try uninstalling the plugin altogether and installing fresh!

Hello. I want to address one issue regarding this plugin.

This preview post button is seeable literally everywhere where editor is involved. This is partially good, however when a moderator tries to move a topic, he can see this button for no reason. Once clicked, it displays nothing. It's not a big issue, just I'd suggest to keep it on when a user is making a topic/reply. 

Archived