Preview Post - Support

eden buganim

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, @eden buganim

I have downloaded the latest version and for some reason it consists of exactly the same features as version 1.0.1, no changes seem to be made. Can you confirm that the latest version is actually uploaded? It seems to be the same version as 1.0.1 because I cannot see any plugin settings nor fixes (button not appearing where unnecessary). 

Thanks

11 hours ago, Robiss767 said:

Hey there, @eden buganim

I have downloaded the latest version and for some reason it consists of exactly the same features as version 1.0.1, no changes seem to be made. Can you confirm that the latest version is actually uploaded? It seems to be the same version as 1.0.1 because I cannot see any plugin settings nor fixes (button not appearing where unnecessary). 

Thanks

The funny thing is that it WAS v1.0.1!

Thanks Robiss and Ugo, I've updated the file.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, cane_cc72 said:

Is it possible to make  the button look like the submit button on this default ips theme?

Yeah sure, there are two simple ways to do this:

CSS way - can get to the files through ACP, but messy and requires per theme edit:

Find postpreview.css in your theme's CSS view (through ACP > Themes > Edit HTML / CSS) and add the following:

a[data-ipspreviewpost].ipsButton_link
{
  	background: #37474f;
    color: #ffffff;
    border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.1);
}

a[data-ipspreviewpost].ipsButton_link:hover
{
  	cursor: pointer;
    text-decoration: none;
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 0%, rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 100%);
    background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 0%,rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 100%);
    background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 0%,rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 100%);
    background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 0%,rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 100%);
    background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 0%,rgba(255,255,255,0.08) 100%);
}

HTML way - requires FTP access to the php hook files, but is quick and reliable:

1. Find the files "formsThemeHook.php" and "topicThemeHook.php" on your FTP. They should be in _ips_root/plugins/previewpost/hooks

2. For both files replace all occurrences of "ipsButton_link" with "ipsButton_primary" ( there should be 2 occurrences in the first, and 1 in the other ) and save.

3. Restart the plugin and you're good to go.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

@Fnuxle If you want to incorporate an admin option in your plugin to invoke the now native preview functionality via the same button (so use either the existing functionality, or invoke the IPS functionality) then I've popped some JS code in to the following post:

Thank you @Nathan Explosion for offering this code snippet to the community.  

On 5/26/2016 at 1:42 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

@Fnuxle If you want to incorporate an admin option in your plugin to invoke the now native preview functionality via the same button (so use either the existing functionality, or invoke the IPS functionality) then I've popped some JS code in to the following post:

Thanks for that. I'll soon update my dev system and see where is this plugin going...

No problem - I think a combination of both options (your existing preview, plus the new IPS functionality) in to your button (instead of the button in the editor alone) would alleviate a few of the pain points that have come up as a result of this new functionality. Allow the admin to choose which option to make available on the site, and all should be good.

Note: it will still be required that an admin put the ipsPreview button in to the editor, otherwise the plugin won't be loaded in to ckeditor.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived