Displaying Custom Profile Fields on Other Pages

I have a custom profile field for members' real name called " Real Name". This field is easily displayed on a topic underneath the member's username, however I can't seem to find any information on how to display custom fields elsewhere on the site. I would like to display the field in the members list next to the members' groupName, however nothing I've tried does the trick.

This is the code that pulls the custom fields under the user's name in the (forum -> front -> topics -> postContainer) template file.

{template="customFieldsDisplay" group="global" app="core" params="$comment->author()"}

I want to display my custom field in the (core -> search -> member) template file.

<li class="ipsDataItem ipsClearfix">
	<div class='ipsDataItem_icon ipsType_center'>
		{template="userPhoto" group="global" params="$member, 'mini'"}
	</div>
	<div class='ipsDataItem_main'>
		<h4 class='ipsDataItem_title ipsType_break ipsType_sectionHead'>
			{$member->link()|raw}</a>
		</h4>

<p class='ipsType_normal'>
			{lang="joined"} {datetime="$member->joined"} &middot; {$member->groupName|raw} &middot; Real Name: CUSTOM FIELD HERE

</p>
	</div>
</li>

I didn't imagine pulling a custom field would be such a complicated endeavor, alas I have been unable to find anything whilst searching the last couple hours. If anyone has any info on how I can get this done I would greatly appreciate your advice!

• 6 months later...

Archived