Request to Restore But Tracker to Public Viewing

ZakRhyno

I would like to ask the IPB management to restore the But Tracker to allow it be viewed by the public. I read that posting was the concern which I don't care much for, but viewing it is something I do have a concern I have. Other than following the Feature Release Notes I also use Bug Tracker to gauge on how IPB is developing and progress for the Community Suite. Now others may say this is not the right way to judge on how things are moving forward it just my way if how I see things are moving forward. Now the main reason for this is, I don't have an active license yet due to the fact that I don't believe the Community Suite is strong yet for my community for me to upgrade to. But, it has be progressing forward and major issues looking like they have been getting fix pretty quickly. With some things "coming soon" as well I like when I see a feature release than see how some bugs are fix in the Bug Tracker that is address for such release. I don't want to just renew my license than have my tick down per month till my renew again and have a few months wasted till I upgrade just to see the Bug Tracker.

Thanks,

Zak

I think the idea of making it client only was simply so that those submitting bugs would have access to the latest version, ie to simply prevent those with an expired licence submitting reports for a previous version as it was likely already fixed, so saving a dev time from looking at something that was already fixed.

Having said that I can see the value in possibly allowing it to be viewed (but not submit reports/replies) for a non-client.

I think the idea of making it client only was simply so that those submitting bugs would have access to the latest version, ie to simply prevent those with an expired licence submitting reports for a previous version as it was likely already fixed, so saving a dev time from looking at something that was already fixed.

Having said that I can see the value in possibly allowing it to be viewed (but not submit reports/replies) for a non-client.

Thanks AndyF, yes that what I was saying above in my other post, have it only viewable not potable.

Archived