IPB 4.0 - Nested quotes

New here so apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. In IPB 3.x, it was possible for a user to quote a user. Then the next user quotes the whole stack and so forth and you can have several nested quotes so that each poster can see the progression of the conversation.

I have an IPB 4.0 board and, try as I might, I can only quote one person at a time. The ability to use nested quotes seems to be gone. Is there a way to turn on nested quotes again? I cannot find any such setting.

New here so apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. In IPB 3.x, it was possible for a user to quote a user. Then the next user quotes the whole stack and so forth and you can have several nested quotes so that each poster can see the progression of the conversation.

I have an IPB 4.0 board and, try as I might, I can only quote one person at a time. The ability to use nested quotes seems to be gone. Is there a way to turn on nested quotes again? I cannot find any such setting.

​I have the opposite problem :-) , my users want to be able only to quote the last post in a post that has other qoutes, but can only get nested quotes, and that can result in som really long posts...

​I have the opposite problem :-) , my users want to be able only to quote the last post in a post that has other qoutes, but can only get nested quotes, and that can result in som really long posts...

In the past I've been able to quote the whole stack of nested quotes, then manually delete the internal parts you don't want to repost.

Archived