Can't delete block

Jason Bahre

Hi everyone, I'm still trying to figure out IPS 4 and i cant find really any documentation on how to use this version.

My problem is that when i place blocks on my pages, its hit or miss. sometimes theyll stay, other times theyll disappear and just be how it was before i tried editing it. My main problem at the moment is that I have a wysiwyg block still displaying this missing photo link, on every page of my site. and even after deleting it and clicking finish editing, no matter how many times, how many different browsers etc it will no go away.

Can someone please give me an easy run down of pages, menus and how they relate as well as how to properly use a database to create articles i can post to the site.

And if anyone knows what may be the issue with the missing photo block that wont go away (image attached) id greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

My site is www.themakerboards.com

(p.s I can't edit the wysiwyg block to delete the missing link either, it just turns into an title bar with no place to enter or modify any text etc.)

missinglink1.png

I have seen this as well....... think it's because the block caches 'CAN' take up to 5 mins to refresh.... 

try this goto ACP then SYSTEM>SUPPORT>support and pick something isnt working correctly and click next, next next etc till end.

this should reset caches and allow you to edit and remove . save block etc

I agree its buggy and sometimes works sometimes doesn't.

Archived