Database Question/s

gbstn10

I am trying to display a single category of a database in a custom HTML page (in Pages), but it doesn't seem to work. I know I need to use {database="1"} to display the database, but {database="1" category="1"} doesn't display the category. I get an error saying that I either cannot have two databases in the same page or that the database is already in use on another page (I use 'database 1' for my blog front page).

Is there a way for me to display a specific database category on a custom page?
Is there a way to deactivate the 'number of databases on a page' restriction so I can override the warning and save the page with more than one database?

Is there a way to deactivate the 'number of databases on a page' restriction so I can override the warning and save the page with more than one database?

​No. The database and all its categories and records are tied to that one page you put them on. If they would be available on several pages you would create duplicate content and run into all sorts of problems. 

But instead of placing a database on several pages, you are free to show records from your database all over the suite using blocks, which then just link to the original records. 

​No. The database and all its categories and records are tied to that one page you put them on. If they would be available on several pages you would create duplicate content and run into all sorts of problems. 

But instead of placing a database on several pages, you are free to show records from your database all over the suite using blocks, which then just link to the original records. 

​That's a shame. I was planning on hiding the content I didn't need to use, then displaying it when the correct tab/menu link was active. I'll have to figure another way around it.

Thanks for the reply.

Archived