Enhanced Reputation/Warning System

Netherlord

I wish to put forth an idea that when a user is warned for breaking the rules that an extra option is added to remove reputation from a user with a reason. So if user breaks rule A deduct 10 reputation from user with reason.

Its very simple but with the type of userbase i have which likes ct they like to argue and having a way to punish them would really stop them from being a bunch of ***** since people seem to care about rep a lot.

Seems more like a mod to me. Breaking the rules isn't an issue for "reputation" of a user's posts. A poster may be quite knowledgeable and that doesn't change if he/she is unruly. Issues like these will vary depending upon the site and the admin.

I myself was one of the above on this very site. It's usually worth a pm to the given user. They may not realize the disruption they are causing to the community at large. I didn't.

The functionality described is far more likely to have such people cause more of a disruption leading to a ban instead of realizing a little tact goes a long way.

Archived