Need Help! $

cafeboricua

Right now what I really need is how to arrange Pages like before.  Its a mess.  I added some blocks but dont know where to edit them.  Second when I open my board it goes to pages but is shows an error  

Cannot find the page you requested

Error code: 2T187/2

I am no computer savvy so I need help or easy instructions, I don't understand computer language.   Thank you.

Can't believe their is no one around that can give a hand.  Have my board closed because I can't fix pages.....pleaseeeeeeeee

​PM me ACP&ftp info and I'll have a look, note that I won't design your pages just fix (or at least try to) fix the errors.

Perhaps if you posted "Need Help $$$$$" it might attract more people. :)  Seriously, I think it's a poor idea to upgrade your site now given that this is a "Release Candidate" which does not in any way mean "just like a real release." Unless you have the skills to deal with things that break during these RC states and even during the first initial release, your budget should realistically include a few more $$$$ to deal with the potential of each upgrade to alter what you see. This is why an RC is not advisable for live sites to use and the very first release should only be used by experienced people. If you're not as savvy, probably best to wait to see the experience of others using the first actual release before upgrading to minimize surprises and understand how to deal with unexpected issues that arise and will be fixed in the first few updates. Everyone else should probably wait and see and resist the temptation to upgrade.

Perhaps if you posted "Need Help $$$$$" it might attract more people. :)  Seriously, I think it's a poor idea to upgrade your site now given that this is a "Release Candidate" which does not in any way mean "just like a real release." Unless you have the skills to deal with things that break during these RC states and even during the first initial release, your budget should realistically include a few more $$$$ to deal with the potential of each upgrade to alter what you see. This is why an RC is not advisable for live sites to use and the very first release should only be used by experienced people. If you're not as savvy, probably best to wait to see the experience of others using the first actual release before upgrading to minimize surprises and understand how to deal with unexpected issues that arise and will be fixed in the first few updates. Everyone else should probably wait and see and resist the temptation to upgrade.

​You Know I am asking for help, if you can't help  just stay out of it.  Don't need you scowling. 

​You Know I am asking for help, if you can't help  just stay out of it.  Don't need you scowling. 

​Nobody is scowling, just helping you set expectations. If you've got an ability to stay with IPB 3 at this time, it's something to consider for the reasons I mentioned. If you still want to upgrade, go ahead. It's your site and your money. Not stopping you at all. Good luck.

Non of 3.4.x pages will "adapt" to IPS4 structure, since everything is changed!  

This is stated very good at the blog post about RC4.. 

Upgrading IP.Content to Pages

When upgrading from IP.Content to Pages, it is worth noting that because the underlying code has changed, custom templates and custom blocks are not upgradable. Custom templates are removed from the system after the upgrade, and any custom blocks are retained, but left disabled as a reference point for recreating manually.

This release of Pages does not have external blocks (this feature allows you use IP.Content blocks on another website or page) and neither does it have relational database field functionality. Both these features will be available in a near-future release.

Archived