looking for a server manager

Getting old is a real pain sometimes. I have been leasing a server for the last few years and now, due to age and health issues, I have been restricted and limited in my activities. Operations and medical issues have put severe limitations on free time and mobility. The problem and situation means that I am looking for a competetent and honest server manager, preferrably one who has experience with CentOS and cPanel/whm, who is willing to trade free use of the server (the usual do's and don'ts) and half the space, for managing the machine and fixing a few technical problems along the way.

Some files on the system were hacked last summer so the server was wiped, reloaded, updated and locked down. I have the only accounts on the machine at present. I would like to keep my own personal accounts up and running.

I will renew all services and software licenses each year on the system, there will be no costs to the manager of any kind. The server is housed in a major US data center and has only had one outtage that I am aware of.

I apologize if this message is deemed inappropriate by IPS. I had seen where other customers have been recommended here to find server help. If this message needs to be moved or deleted, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Hello scorpion,

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I wish you the best and hope things get better for you.

While I'm afraid I can't offer free services in return for server space, I am willing to try and negotiate a fair monthly rate with you. I have years of experience in managing Debian and CentOS based server systems as well as managing IP.Board server configurations in general. I've published many guides here and provided a lot of assistance to other members here, specifically in regards to high-performance Nginx + PHP-FPM IP.Board server configurations, and I also manage and lease my own servers for personal projects, which includes one of my main forums that handles hundreds of thousands of visitors a month. So I can promise you I do have a good bit of experience and will do my best to earn your business :smile:

I'll send you a PM here shortly to discuss this with you if you're interested.

Best regards,

Kirito

I sincerely appreciate the wishes. I started with IPB back in '03 in my mid 50s. A lot of times when we start something, we don't think about what we're going to do ten or twenty years down the road. Even when we are committed to something, we find ourselves limited by things beyond our control. In my case, cancer was one of those things. Essentially, when it comes to the small amount that I do with the server, and the even smaller things I would still like to do, the mind is willing but the flesh is the problem.

I'm not planning on leaving this life any time soon, but I have already made provisions in my will to provide a legacy for the work that I do, with details on finding and employing someone to tend the account and the machine as long as possible.

Sorry to hear about the health issues. I know WHM/Cpanel very well and would be happy to help out. I also am part owner of a cloud hosting company so that should help vouch for my honesty. Feel free to add me on Skype if you use that >> lorne4545 and we can talk in real time. Or if you prefer another method of real time chat just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Lorne

Archived