Mandrill Question

Is there a specific setting in ACP for Mandrill or do I just enter the information for the SMTP server in the System Settings > Email Setup > SMTP setup area? I've read in this forum about Mandrill integration, but I didn't see any specific area for Mandrill in the ACP.

Thanks!

Thanks. I'm having the hardest time setting the darn thing up. The link you gave me does say Mandrill accepted my login / API key. I'm using WHM on my own VPS, I've opened the mandrill port in CSF (both incoming and outgoing) but every time I try to do a PM test, the page just hang for awhile and then it finally say that it was sent but I never get the email message.

I even have the alternate SMTP port - exim on another port - setup on my machine which matches the Mandrill port they gave me.

Not sure what could be causing the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks. I'm having the hardest time setting the darn thing up. The link you gave me does say Mandrill accepted my login / API key. I'm using WHM on my own VPS, I've opened the mandrill port in CSF (both incoming and outgoing) but every time I try to do a PM test, the page just hang for awhile and then it finally say that it was sent but I never get the email message.

I even have the alternate SMTP port - exim on another port - setup on my machine which matches the Mandrill port they gave me.

Not sure what could be causing the problem. Any ideas?

Look under Stats & Logs > Email Error Logs, see if there's anything listed there.

Well, I'm getting an error

Could not open a socket to the SMTP server (110:Connection timed out)

I have the port Mandrill gave me open through the CSF firewall, I wonder what could be causing this.

I do have All Host to deny all, but went back and added smtp to allow all.

Not sure what else I can open up.

Well, I'm getting an error

Could not open a socket to the SMTP server (110:Connection timed out)

I have the port Mandrill gave me open through the CSF firewall, I wonder what could be causing this.

I do have All Host to deny all, but went back and added smtp to allow all.

Not sure what else I can open up.

From the IP.Board side of it, all you need to do is put the API key in the box and click the button, it should have set everything else up. Looking at my configuration you should be using port 587 to talk to smtp.mandrillapp.com

Yup, that's what I have it setup to do. I'm using cloudflare and i've added the extra record and mandrill is seeing them.

I'm stumped. Ports are open. Mandrill is setup on their end. Cloudflare has the correct records. But it all comes down to the email error log that it can't connect to the smtp server.

If you can think of anything else, let me know. I'm going to check everything again.

Yup, that's what I have it setup to do. I'm using cloudflare and i've added the extra record and mandrill is seeing them.

I'm stumped. Ports are open. Mandrill is setup on their end. Cloudflare has the correct records. But it all comes down to the email error log that it can't connect to the smtp server.

If you can think of anything else, let me know. I'm going to check everything again.

cPanel/WHM has a feature to prevent outgoing SMTP connections, it's under the 'security center' section of WHM.

cPanel/WHM has a feature to prevent outgoing SMTP connections, it's under the 'security center' section of WHM.

Thanks! Though, I had that disabled, it was disabled because when I setup the server one of the security check for CSF was to disable that WHM feature and enable SMTP_BLOCK in CSF. So, I went into CSF and set SMTP_BLOCK to 0 and now Mandrill is working.

Thanks for all your help. I would've never figured out the CSF setting to block SMTP. Hopefully this will be useful to anyone who runs into this same issue setting up Mandrill on WHM with CSF.

Archived