Hardware failure :(

Host experienced a hardware failure 3 days ago and their backups were also affected ...

Now that they have the server back online the backups they have are not loading the site correctly.

I am getting > Driver Error ... There appears to be an error with the database.

When I check the log file I see numerous lines that say > Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'member_id' in 'where clause'

Does ipboard have any files that will check the integrity of the database?

Really hoping I can salvage my database as I did not have a backup of it :(

Thanks!

Yes, the backup was corrupted as well .... really stupid system of doing backups ... the backups were "overwrote" with no way to check for integrity it just overwrote good data with bad.

Ive had a few days of sleepless work and was able to reconstruct most of the data and thanks to ipboard rebuilding my skin caches the site is now back online.

Thanks Rhett !!!!

Yes, the backup was corrupted as well .... really stupid system of doing backups ... the backups were "overwrote" with no way to check for integrity it just overwrote good data with bad.

Ive had a few days of sleepless work and was able to reconstruct most of the data and thanks to ipboard rebuilding my skin caches the site is now back online.

Thanks Rhett !!!!

Glad it all worked out.

Glad to see that you got it sorted out.

Something to keep in mind regarding the backups btw for future references.It would be better imho to always do your own backups rather than rely on the host. Then after you made them, it will not harm to check them if they are done properly in case should you need to use them. You can do that by restoring them at a test forum using a new database.

Archived