anyone using apache 2.4.2?

I kept same basic config as I wanted to compare to 2.2.22.
I just went back to 2.2.22 for now and installed the directadmin nginx plugin, even stock 2.2.22 was snappier.
I probably could have gotten 2.4.2 a bit faster by working on it but it just did not seem worth the trouble.
the claim its so much faster kind of seemed false, could not find any real data on it.
the biggest issue was initial page responses, 2.2.22 is just snappier on my setup.
and in NO way is this a real test, its just going off of user experience.

would be interested to hear your findings when you try it.

Ah. I'll likely install it in the next few days and see how it preforms. I tend to just use it as a reverse proxy from nginx anyway so I get the advantages of both.

have you tried yet?
I've updated to php 5.4 and dumped few problem php modules so think I am ready to try again.

been running for 10 hours or so on php 5.4.4 and apache 2.4.2 with no real issues.
acp is working well, mod_pagespeed won't install but thats a google issue with version check.
not running nginx yet, need to get some htaccess setups redone.

Yup, I just installed it and PHP 5.4 on my spare VPS yesterday or the day before. Not running anything mission critical or antyhing on it, but it's handling the few tests I've thrown at it so far pretty well. I can't see I've noticed any speed differences regarding Apache, though PHP 5.4 is faster for sure. Apache is, however, using significantly less memory for me than it was previously with a default configuration - which is always a nice thing to see.

I am seeing that too, not a drastic change but I can see it.
my initial page loads were slightly better with 2.2.2, but overall speeds are about the same, maybe a touch faster with php 5.4.
think my problem last time was mod_h264 did not get recompiled causing me issues, fixed that last night and will do mod_flvx today.

Archived