Remove warning option

surinp3

Wow! me too. I have been searching for this option and it's not there. There is just the "Warn Member" option.

Edit!

Click on a member's warning > Goto his "User's Warning" (for example: surinp3's Warning) click the "Warn Member" button >

In the "Reason" choose "other" from the list. that will open up some features (Points No. , Punishment - Verbal warning only). click the "Change" button below and there you will see:

"You can use this to automatically remove the points given from this warning after a specified period of time. Leave blank to not remove points."

both with a days or with an hours.

OR

Setting a new Warning Level which can gives a member "-1" points. (Not sure if it's possible).

Wanted to add my comment to this as well, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove warning points from members any more! -- I can manually change the number of points from the AdminCP, however there is no way of removing the entry within the warning system...

What you need to do is this:

1. Log into your admin control center.
2. Click on "Stats and Logs" tab
3. Click on the "Logs" link in the sidebar menu
4. Click on "Warn Logs"

From there, you can click on the member you want to remove the warning from or you remove all warnings from that member but this is where you remove the warnings from any particular member.

There is no sorting in this option, no delete only one warning when user have more (only all or nothing). This feature (upgraded) should be included in the same place where you give warnings.Maybe available only for admin group.

New thing to update for Invision!

There is no sorting in this option, no delete only one warning when user have more (only all or nothing). This feature (upgraded) should be included in the same place where you give warnings.Maybe available only for admin group.

New thing to update for Invision!

Exactly.

In my humble opinion, and agreeing with the messages above, not only it should be possible to remove one specific warning (and not only all or nothing), but there should be a filter to delete, for example, warnings made more than 1 year ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chiming in here.

On my forums, we have a number of people with warning points. With the new point+action based system, it would be nice to start everyone fresh at 0 (but keep old warning notes so we know we've dealt with them before). I can't find a way to view who has been warned and how to reset points.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Edit.... NVM. you want something completely different than what is offered, the ability to delete the warning itself.

Indeed. Warning removal is a no-brainer option that your free competitors like MyBB include. Their warning system is far superior to IPB's. Simpling issuing a warning in IPB is convoluted as can be, much less removing it.

A plugin is available, but i am not paying for a simple feature that should be included in the core software. Please fix this system (see your competitors for viable solutions).

Archived