Contributor Badge?

Syao

Where can we set up the 'Contributor' Badge in our IPB Forums, like IPS' own Board (this one) has?

Users here get a 'Contributor' Badge, once they have submitted a file in IPS Marketplace (IP.Downloads)
%7Boption%7D

Clicking this link takes one to the User's submitted downloads.
Example: Michael's Contributor badge

Is this a feature of the IP Board or a extra hook/modification?
I've looked everywhere for something like this, this would be really something that i'd need on my own board.

It's just a custom profile field :smile:

It is?
well, this is interesting.
Any advice on creating something like that?
I mean if this is not automatic, it's still hugely useful. with a link to your files and even a file count via mouse over. impressive.

It's a custom field as Charles said with some HTML that shows the badge and links to the search.

We then wrote a small custom task that recounts submissions each day and updates the value of this field (which defaults to 0) for everyone.

End result is - people with files have the badge, and people without files do not (since "empty" custom fields are not displayed by default in the skin).

The task that runs is custom code - so technically the feature is not 'possible' out of the box (it requires a new task to be written).

However, if you wrote such a task, yes you could base it on the number of posts in a forum (or really anything you want) instead of the number of IP.Download submissions.

Archived