Twin search boxes on IPS Community site

Clickfinity

Just something that is a personal niggle really, but may be a similar issue for others: the two search boxes at the top-right of the IPS community forums - one for the forums, and a second one below for the Resources.

Resources can be selected in the forums search box so why have a second one below?

I've regularly entered a search query into the Resources box by accident - so how about removing the resources search, or perhaps flip the Resources search box so it is on the left side, with the links on the right? This way there won't be a visual cross-over between the two search boxes.

Just an observation ... :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Just something that is a personal niggle really, but may be a similar issue for others: the two search boxes at the top-right of the IPS community forums - one for the forums, and a second one below for the Resources.

Resources can be selected in the forums search box so why have a second one below?

I've regularly entered a search query into the Resources box by accident - so how about removing the resources search, or perhaps flip the Resources search box so it is on the left side, with the links on the right? This way there won't be a visual cross-over between the two search boxes.

Just an observation ... :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Shaun :D

:tongue:
Resources!=Resources.
http://community.inv...ces/search.html
Resources.
Resources in the search dropdown is totally Content's public application name. :rofl:
and yes, as the search results are powered on a content page, it says resources, but results can come from the MP as well.

:tongue:

Resources!=Resources.

http://community.inv...ces/search.html

Resources.

Resources in the search dropdown is totally Content's public application name. :rofl:

Hmmm ... ridicule me by all means, but it isn't very helpful really is it?

I understand the difference between them but having two search boxes in similar positions quite close to each other can quite easily lead to confusion - and that's all I'm pointing out.

If I'm the only one who thinks this, then fine, but there's no harm in passing comment is there?

Hmmm ... ridicule me by all means, but it isn't very helpful really is it?

I understand the difference between them but having two search boxes in similar positions quite close to each other can quite easily lead to confusion - and that's all I'm pointing out.

If I'm the only one who thinks this, then fine, but there's no harm in passing comment is there?

im agreeing.
i, personally, have always thought that having the search combined like that made the resources and marketplace drop-down's moot.
i try to use one that will only pop results in the other often.... the issue though, is when that box goes on the fritz, the drop-down is all we have :rofl:
I prefer the search box, but know what would happen if that went down with the drop-down options for it skinned out. :logik:

Archived