IPS Marketplace - How Long is Too Long?

• Jay •

I'm just curious how long a mod has to be unsupported before action is taken by the resource staff.

I know of one particular mod that seldom gets any attention at all from the author even when he's here on the board. As if that's not bad enough, his customers have to chase him down to activate the mod they purchased. So when he's not responding to people, that results in weeks of non-usage for a mod that has been bought and paid for, which is quite poor practice.

I attempted to provide honest yet non-inflammatory feedback informing potential customers that the mod author is seldom available for activation and support (which is shown within the support topic), but that's not appropriate I guess... so what is?

You could always report the file to us, I don't know which one you're referring to off hand. We don't go monitoring every support topic to see if there are issued like this, we have enough to keep us busy with other stuff. But we can certainly look into issues that are actually reported.

Archived