Editing templates in ACP

Michael

OK, this is extremely minor, so please take this as a good sign that there aren't huge glaring issues that come to mind right now.

I have always found it annoying that when I go to edit skin templates, click on a skin, and the list of template groups comes up, that the 'Global Templates' group expands automatically. More often than not, what I want to edit is not in that group, but since it has expanded it now takes up about 90% of that left menu. Instead of auto-expanding that, could it just, like, not auto-expand? That way we'd see about 15 different groups listed there on the left, giving us a much better chance of not having to scroll around to find what we wanted to edit.

I can appreciate where you are coming from, but the reality is that MOST of our customers only edit the templates in global templates (specifically, the header template or the wrapper template). While those that customize their skin, know what they are doing, etc. may not need this group on every load, the vast majority of our customers generally do. :)

Archived