Downloads expired

GoldDust

anyone else feel the same way..

I log into my client area today to download the latest IP.Gallery to ensure the bugs are ironed on the latest install only to find our download has expired. So, unless i re-new my Gallery licence im having to stick with the bugs in the current release! im not complaining about the fee or having to re-nw but why isn't software that has bugs not being made available for download at least? I don't mind re-newing to gain extra features but the bug fixes should be made available for download for that particular software, even if your licence has expired...

I love IP software and will continue to use it moving forward but makes me feel like im being taken for a ride.. I want to ensure i have bug free software that works 100% even if my licence has expired and im unable to download the latest release. grrrr

hope that makes sence..

rant over

All software has bugs, the more complex it is the more potential there is for bugs. IPS will fix those bugs as they find and reproduce them, but to expect that a bug-free release will ever be made is folly.

Michael, i understand your point and to some extent i agree.... But in the interest of customers, maybe the less complex bugs should be fixed before software is released. With respect it seems its an excuse to say all software is buggy then expect the customer to not have bug fixes made available for free.

What you're asking for is not anything new. It's just not something that is ever going to significantly change. If they spend more time fixing all niggly little bugs, that means peoples licenses are going to expire, and they'll be mad they missed the latest release that fixes more bugs. If they add more staff to get bugs fixed faster, that means they have to pay more staff, which means it affects their profitability and ability to maintain their services.

They always release security releases for free to the public. But if you want to keep getting updates to fix every known bug, you need to pay to keep your license current. It'd be great if they'd just give you all bug fixes for free, but that's not a good business model for a company that needs to sell licenses in order to pay their staff.

Archived