Include SQL language update query in language pack menu

crabpaws

I was making changes to a default language pack copy but they were not getting to the interface. AndyF gave me this advice in http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/334550-language-pack-edits-not-taking-effect/page__p__2092543__fromsearch__1#entry2092543:

Go back to the Language Manager, and hover over the pack to see the URL. Get the ID out of the end of the url, such as &id=X

Go to the Support tab > SQL Toolbox and scroll down to the end, the "manual query" window and run this:

UPDATE members SET language = X

Replace X with the correct ID for the pack, take care to not get this wrong as odd things can happen if you choose a lang ID that does not exist.

Like every one else, looks like I'll be running that sql query every so often. Maybe language pack menu should include this option?

Tell you what I just thought about (and went and checked)

There's a tool not present in 3.x that was in 2.x:

Although I've only just really remembered about that, after all this time :blush: :D

I doubt it is worth adding one back, as I say I've only just realised myself. I normally just provide the query / instructions as above when someone has created a new pack and wants to switch everyone to it. Certainly only needs running once when you initially have finished with the new pack. :)

The only possible 'suggestion' I have is to include a quick option in the dropdown, 'Switch everyone to this pack' or suchlike, but again probably not really needed. I think I'll write a quick article on this.

EDIT... Done, here

Archived