Download: Prevent Groups From Posting Links in Signatures, Posts And Threads.

NenaDice

File Name: Prevent Groups From Posting Links in Signatures, Posts And Threads.
File Submitter: NenaDice
File Submitted: 20 Jan 2011
File Updated: 04 Feb 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook will allow you to restrict groups from posting links in posts, threads and signatures.

After you install the hook.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel, you can configure it at the System Settings where you will see a new setting called NenaDice.

There you can enable/disable the hook, choose which groups you want to prevent from posting links in posts, threads and signatures, enter the error message and as last but not least you can choose which forums to exlude from the link restriction.

Click here to download this file

• 6 months later...

I am interested in this, can you tell me if I can make it so that if someone posts a link to their website the hook will stop it and make it go to a website of my choice? Also what happens with members posting youtube and other media links? Will they still be able to do that?
Thank you.

I am interested in this, can you tell me if I can make it so that if someone posts a link to their website the hook will stop it and make it go to a website of my choice? Also what happens with members posting youtube and other media links? Will they still be able to do that?

Thank you.

That can not be done with this hook. This will stop all kind of links from being posted.
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Nena, been following your mods for a while. Awesome work! :smile:

Now a question:

Will this work with ipb 3.3?

Cheers!

Thank you :)

This hook is not compatible with the 3.3 series. I have coded another application that is compatible with 3.3.x

Archived