Emailed Attachments

cheresources

I've been thinking for some time about any way to make it easier for my forum members to get drawings and photos attached to posts. Now, with most people having a smartphone, wouldn't it be cool if people could snap a picture of a sketch or anything else and easily attach it to their posts? I love the way I can take a photo on my phone and email it to Picasa for example.

Is there a reasonable way to implement something like this? It seems complicated for a system installed on many different servers (every member would have to have a custom email address that piped to a IP php script?)

Seems like as long as the attachments have to obey the allowed attachments rules, any security risks could be managed well enough.

I really wouldn't want the attachments hosted somewhere else with link though...I don't want to be managing broken links forever.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking for some time about any way to make it easier for my forum members to get drawings and photos attached to posts.

Good idea! Imagine users can make some shots on their mobile phone and quickly share them using IPB without computer. I think at least iPhone app can use images from Photos to attach them.

Archived