8 Little Issues

glorify

OK, after using IP.Board live for awhile, I have to say I really like it and am glad I switched software. There are a couple issues and minor annoyances that I have that would either make life sooo much easier or make my board seem a little more like home. This excludes ip.content which I am using, but will have feedback in some point in the proper forum.

I may have something set wrong or things may have changed in 3.1.1 (Have yet to find the time to upgrade from 3.1.0 with my schedule), but in any event - here is my feedback, in no particular order. Please consider these as feature requests.

1) No template history saves
I am always one edit away from screwing something up. I'd like to have the ability to save edited templates and compare historical versions.

2) Guests cannot vote in Polls.
I use Twitter, I use Facebook. I like for traffic coming from those sites to be able to vote in polls even if they are not registered users. Makes the polls more robust.
Setting permissions to allow Guests to vote in polls have no effect UNLESS guests can post as well.

3) Manage Attachments Issue
Love the manage attachments feature in a users setting...LOVE IT! But I also like NOT using thumbnails in attached images added in posts.

If you have the following setting set to NO the thumbs also don't get generated for your Manage Attachments settings table:

In Admnicp settings - Topics, Posts and Polls -

Show thumbnail of attached image?

If the above option is set to "yes" to allow image attachments to show as the image select this option to show the attached image as a thumbnail which takes up less space and can be quicker to load.

Attachment thumbs should be generated no matter which setting for post attachments are selected.

4) No button to switch between editors ON the actual editor.
Nothing worse than pasting something and finding out you have to switch editors to get the proper formatting but have to go into your settings to temporarily do it.

5) New users from Twitter with a blank name.
I have disallowed the use of display names and allowed. I still get blank users that are registered.
I have to be doing something wrong, no?

6) Twitter/Facebook status updates with no link to the users' Twitter/Facebook profile.
Why?

7) No way to search a template when a template is open
If I have the Board Index template open and want to find a specific block of code, I have to copy the entire template to notepad and search that way.
It would be so much easier to search within a template from the admincp.

8) No BB Code in Profile comments.
There is BB Code in the 'About Me' box, none in comments. Should have the option to enable via AdminCP Settings.

8a) No way to test the iPhone app
Like it, but can't test it to make sure things are cool if I don't have an iPhone. Still waiting on the Droid app which I will be able to test.

7) No way to search a template when a template is open

If I have the Board Index template open and want to find a specific block of code, I have to copy the entire template to notepad and search that way.

It would be so much easier to search within a template from the admincp.

Maybe I can help you with this one if you are using FireFox or IE Ctrl + F

FireFox box is at the bottom - IE is at the top

Paste the code and it will find it quickly in the template, I use it all the time

Archived