New Topics graphical notification

svit

I was trying to think of how to simplify the graphics of the forum page. One thing I think could be improved is to avoid the green 'bullets' indicating the new topics within the forum. Wouldn't it be worth trying to avoid the bullet and have the name and have the same indication be done by the forum having another colour? It could be lighter or darker version of the existing text colour, or some signal colour.. at present I think the bullets are really graphically disturbing and this might help to have the page nice and smooth.. I just don't know how to program it :)

I'm not sure what the 'green bullets' you are referring to are, I guess a custom skin? I assume you're talking about the new post indicator on topic listing. If that is the case, then you could replace the icon with html, something like:

Before Topic Title

<if test="gotonewpost:|:$data['go_new_post'] === true"><strong></if>

After Topic Title

<if test="gotonewpost:|:$data['go_new_post'] === true"></strong></if>

That would bold the topic when it has new posts.

• 3 weeks later...

I assume you're talking about the new post indicator on topic listing. If that is the case, then you could replace the icon with html, something like..

Thank you, Josh, that is exactly what I was thinking of, thank you so much, I will try to experiment :)

Archived